Follow Me!

Share this tutorial!

{tiny} Needle Case Tute

Relive The Past

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thank you and Thank YOU!

I have been honored by Shari and Julia with an award!
This is a very cool Portuguese Award and it means this blog invests in and believes that blogging makes us close. Proximidade translated to English means vicinity, or neighbourhood.
I am so grateful that in blogland, everyone is next door neighbors! Some of my closest neighbors actually reside across the country and in Australia!
The meaning of this award: This blog invests and believes in Proximity- nearness in space, time and relationships.
These blogs are exceedingly charming.
These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends .
They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement!
Our hope is that when the ribbon of these prizes are cut ,even more friendships are propagated.
I happily pass this award on to 8 fellow bloggers: (I realize that some are duplicates of other's but I choose them nonetheless!)
Shari and Julia would be in my list of eight, but since they are the ones who nominated me, I'll just assume you know that I consider them quite inspirational and good friends!
So without any particular order:
1. Nanette of Freda's Hive - This fine lady has taught me a lot about the quilting-blog world and has been a mentor to me regarding blog parties and such.
2. Jane of Jane's Fabrics - This Jane is NOT plain! She is so very generous and you can tell by her blog music that she is one fun gal!
3. Tessa of How to Make Art - Tessa dabbles in lots of artistic arenas and seems to create art effortlessly. Her work and friendship is helping me tap into a more carefree style of creating.
4. Elizabeth of Silver Scissors - She starts and COMPLETES more projects than anyone I have ever seen! I love her color choices too! 5. Melissa of Cornbread and Beans - She posts lots and lots of creative pictures whether it's home decor or quilts she's made. She blogs about her love of family too which is comforting in a world of chaos elsewhere, reminding me that peace and harmony CAN be found if we choose to embrace it.
6. Christine of Once Upon a Quilt - It started when she answered my desperate plea for help when I ran out of a civil war fabric for a swap. She sent me what she had and would not accept payment! It was even international postage! I tell ya, that's a giving person if ever I met one! She also finishes a lot of projects that are in colors I would have chosen! 7. Ruthie of Threads of Mine - I had been a frequent viewer of her blog and noticed one day a posting of bottled red and green jalapenos. It was a beautiful site and I left a comment saying how beautiful they were and that my hubby would love them! Well, she and her husband sent me a bottle, and I was right! My husband loved them!! (Yes, they are gone!) Who knew such nice people were out there?? I do now!
8. Tracey of Flower Pebble - Tracey was one of my first blog friends that I met and she does all sorts of needlework projects from quilting to cross-stitching. She is a single mother to two and that alone amazes me! I have just one and I feel overwhelmed!
9. Eileen from Eilieen's Attic - Eileen is very talented and posts lots and lots of pictures and even has some fun tutorials too!

10. Sherri from a Quilting Life - Very generous! Sherri and I swapped Christmas cottages after the initial swap. At that time she also sent a beautiful cottage and a charming pot holder, which is now hung in my sewing studio. Today I got a most whimsical wristlet made from the bra and panties fabric I gave her!

On the home front, here in Tooele, I have several people who are my best friends. Marta - Strong, enduring, tireless Jen - 'Perfect' mother, thoughtful friend, selfless Lori - 'Perfect' mother, super duper aunt, crazy sis-in-law Cheryl - True blue, comforting, genuine I am blessed with many, many people whom I call friends and hope that I can add a bit of fun to your lives as you have in mine.

4 comments:

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Mel - I am so extremely honored to be listed with those women. I couldn't have come up with a better list myself, except adding you. Really. Thank you so much. I can't imagine life without you women to inspire me.

Kimonos and Sushi said...

Thanx for giving Tracey the Award she in turn gave me the award so I am now off to give it to some more people....
Andrea

Tracey said...

Thankyou so much Mel, i shall allways remember this so much, had a few tears in my eyes when i 1st got it,
Thankyou again,
Hope you have a great weekend.

Take care

Eileen said...

I agree with Nanette.. this is a wonderful bunch of creative friends we belong to, and I am honored to be amongst you all. Who would have thought blogging was all about this? Thank you so much for the award.