Follow Me!

Share this tutorial!

{tiny} Needle Case Tute

Relive The Past

Monday, January 21, 2008

My Quilt Info

Started Works New York Beauty Advent Calendars Nativity Wall Hangings Dear Jane Grant's Baby Quilt Two Thimbleberries Club Hangings Four Corners Placemats Tree Everlasting Bear Tracks Moda Fall Panel Shop Sign Chicken Blocks Jackie's Mystery Amish Whig Rose Thimbleberries Blocks Sunflower Blocks Spring Sampler Birthday Calendar (s) Pink Ladies Carpenter's Wheel Mumm Snowflake Story time cuddler Prairie Blossoms - Thimbleberries 9 Patch & Hour Glass Snowbound Snowman Pink Rag Quilt Bear Tracks Summer Sampler Prairie BOM * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tops That Need to be Quilted 2 Cabin Hangings Logan's Baby Quilt Fall Sampler Pumpkins Vintage Halloween Snowman Quilt * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Best Quilt Shops in Utah American Quilting - Orem Broadbent's - Lehi Quilting Cottage - American Fork Cherry Tree Cottage - Spanish Fork Corn Wagon Quilt Co. - Springville Gracie Lou's - Salem Elaine's Quilt Block - SLC Material Girls - So. Jordan Mormon Handicraft - SLC Piper's Quilts - Sugarhouse Quilter's Haven - Bountiful Red Rooster - Providence Scrappy Appleyard - Panguitch Sew Sweet - Tooele Whimsy Cottage - SLC Lazy Daisy - St. George Scrap Apple - St. George * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Favorite Quilt Shops From Around the Country Buggy Barn - Washington Zook's Fabric - Amish Country, PA The Stitching Post - Oregon Little Quilts - Georgia Fons and Porter - Iowa Keepsake Quilting - New Hampshire Repot Depot J Caroline Creative * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Mel's Favorite Quilt / Fabric Designers Amy Butler Buggy Barn - Washington Cotton Way - Idaho Fig Tree Quilts - California Kim Diehl - Idaho Quilting With My Sister Sunflower Hill - Utah Kimie's Quilts from Indygo Junction Sandy Henderson - Portabellopixie * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * My Backyard Quilt Show 2004 Three quilts on fence hand made and beautifuly quilted by my grandmother, Ruth Park circa 1930's.Quilt hanging from balcony is my full size, hand quilted Round Robin Quilt. The Ohio Star quilt in blue and golds is my Wedding Quilt which is also hand quilted. Scrappy 9 Patch Table Cloth Quilt and Road to Dad's lap quilt are also displayed. Left to Right: 1) 1930's Sampler Quilt which I machine quilted on a Gammill (my first time at a quilting machine!) 2) Original work in deep blue and brown for a Guild Challenge in Color 3) Placemat in Mumm fabrics, from a set I gifted to my mother, I hand quilted.4) Baby Boy Paws, made for my son, Urban. Machine quilted by me on my home machine. 5) Raggy Flowers made for my sister, Marianne. Machine quilted on a Gammill by me. Far left, table runner made for my mother and hand quilted. Hand quilted placemat, Americana Table Runner for my mother, hired machine quilted. Americana Wall Hanging made for Guild Chalenge "Americana" hand quilted. By the by, my husband built the pond in our backyard. I helped set the stones - while I was pregnant! * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Great places that have free quilt patterns Quiltville - Lots of quilt patterns here, look on the left side and you'll see the list Block of the Month Quilts - There are lots of other types of quilt patterns here too Free Quilt Patterns - Tons of patterns listed by category, technique or alphabetically Quilter's Cache - I have used this site the most, since it was among the first to offer free blocks Quilter's Home - magazine online, 5 pages of great free quilts! McCall's Quilting - online magazine, 7 pages of free quilt patterns Quilter's Newsletter Quilt Maker - over 10 pages of free quilts Quick Quilts * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Utah Quilt Guilds I have attended Utah Quilt Guild Utah Valley Quilt Guild Tooele Valley Quilt Guild

1 comments:

Tina said...

Hi Mel, Your quilt show looks great. I was wondering is it possiable to see a close up of your grandmothers quilts. I love vintage quilts. Also do you still need and Christmas cottages or DJ triangles. I haven't made any of the DJ but am willing to give it a try. I do have the book.
Hugs,
Tina