Follow Me!

Share this tutorial!

{tiny} Needle Case Tute

Relive The Past

Friday, August 22, 2008

FREE time! - Where do I start?

Urban is with Uncle Miles, Aunt Lori, Scotty and Grant up at Lori's family's cabin in Alpine, Woming. That means I have 2 1/2 days to do what I want! What do I want?? I plan to spend the time in my sewing studio. I've gone to the store and stocked up on Diet Coke and chocolate and bought a pizza so I'm ready for the weekend! (Photo is the original quilt, not mine.) I'm going to work on my Dear Jane Quilt. I started the quilt waaaay back in 2002 or 2003. I was a part of a block swap group of 9 for about a year and a half then three of us broke off due to poor quality workmanship from others. Yes, I guess I'm what you might call a quilt snob, but I quietly keep my opinions to myself. My DJ is done in Civil War repros matching as closely as possible to the original quilt. I have most of my center put together and am procrastinating on beginning the cones! I did buy the invaluable DJ software and have used it for all the paper piecing blocks. I hope to take pictures during the weekend and post them. That gives me motivation to get things done! I'm going to go quilt now, so don't bother me!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I have just dug my Dear Jane quilt out as well... must be something in the air!

Mel said...

Thanks for leaving a comment! How far along are you on your Dear Jane? Best of luck,
Melissa in UT