Follow Me!

Share this tutorial!

{tiny} Needle Case Tute

Relive The Past

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

FUN DAY!!

My basket weaving and quilting friend, Kathy, and I had a splendid day yesterday! We set out to see a quilt show in Springville, UT. Before we got started, we oooed and ahhhhed at my Dear Jane. Kathy hadn't seen it for a while and was excited to see my progreess! Kathy's is completely done and she is now hand quilting it! After we had set out, we HAD to stop at Broadbent's in Lehi and have a look-see at their wares! We both ended up with a rubber thimble that seemed to 'breathe' better than others and didn't feel as cumbersome. I have never used a thimble, for the same reason I don't ever wear gloves as I garden. I like to feel it!! My fingers do get sore and dried out, but I love the contact with the needle and dirt! While at Broadbent's I also picked out some whimsical fabrics for some basket liners, my new obsession! I love making them because they are quick and easy and I get them DONE!! Our next stop was to Scrooge and Marley's also in Lehi. They had some great embelishments for the home Kathy and I each picked up a few things, but our favorite was the homemade carmel's! We ate at Chili's, my choice, and when our bodies were filled up, we set back on our path to the quilt show. Of course once we were in the area, we could not find it so what does one do? Head to the closest quilt shop! In this case it was The Corn Wagon Qulit Co. where I found the most darling tee-pee pattern for Urban and a blue fat quarter. Speaking of blue fat quarters, let me tell you that I am officially out of date, behind the times, old fashioned, out of the loop, committing color faux pas and in not so many words - clueless! I am making an AMERICANA yo-yo table topper from my stash fabrics and needed some more blues. Guess what? They aren't out there!!! In my lastest searches for the elusive color I have left four quilt shops that no longer have ANY Americana blue for sale! I've never outlasted a fad without knowing it! We ended the day at Material Girls in South Jordan where I found some adorable stripes and dots to make the tee-pee out of and a backing for a vintage Halloween quilt I made a while back. Kathy and I had a super fun time and talked and laughed and talked and laughed! It's so fun to get together and do that kind of stuff!

2 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

I love Material Girls. Nedra is great. It sounds like you had so much fun. You were right in my "backyard". Well nearly.

Susan said...

Sounds like a super quilt day, and maybe you need a trip to that quilt shop in or near Jordan River temple? The one with the 5000 plus bolts of fabric? =) I find I use a lot of batiks when I want that blue. You might check Dakota Cabin Quilts online, too. Last time I was in there, they still had a healthy Americana section.