Follow Me!

Share this tutorial!

{tiny} Needle Case Tute

Relive The Past

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Our Decorated Apartment







My dear grandmother made my Christmas stocking from felt when I was just born 30 some odd years ago.  I haven't found a stocking pattern I prefer, so Nathan and Urban got similar styles.




As I was growing up, my parents had a Fontanini Nativity set they purchased while living in Italy.  My sister and I were allowed, even encouraged to play with all the pieces since they were made from a strong risen.


 Several years ago, I started collecting my own pieces.  Some pieces are similar to my parents, the Holy Family of course and the kittens and ducks. I think we have the same shepherd too, but my angel and drummer boy are two of my favorites.  My wise men ride camel back and are luxuriantly decked out in jewels and robes.  Perhaps i will do a post this season and introduce you to all my characters.





Urban has spent countless hours rearranging and renaming the figures.  He thinks we need some palm trees and a grown up Jesus.  We'll look at Christmas shops after season sales!


It looks like my nativity set will be just as used and loved as my parent's was!




9 comments:

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

Christmas blessing to you and yours. It's been great being bloggin friends this year.
Happy Returns.
Patti and BT

Nedra said...

What a beautiful family tradition. I like the idea of the Nativity sets being used and loved.
Merry Christmas!

Micki said...

I love your family tradition! Merry Christmas Mel!
Micki

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Your home looks wonderful!! I also encouraged my children to play with the Nativity set. I also have a childrens set, the Maggie used when she was little, now little T plays with the set. Try to enjoy the season, hugs.

Kaaren said...

Merry Christmas to all of you, Mel.

Browndirtcottage said...

Just wanted to wish you a Merry
Christmas Mel!!!

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

Hi Mel,Your house looks festive.
Wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2010.
Blessings,
Nancy

Jennie said...

Looks like you are having a fun Christmas...it was neat to see that picture of the nativity set--I actually can remember that set your parents had! I think once upon a time I may have played with it as well.

Anonymous said...

wallpapers

vokt o / wd 74