Follow Me!

Share this tutorial!

{tiny} Needle Case Tute

Relive The Past

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Quilt, Cooking, and Baskets

1. Prayers
2. Faith
3. Hope
* * * *

I made the two baskets shown.  The larger basket with a handle is called Jeremiah and was the first basket I ever wove.  It's one of my favorites because of it's versatile use.

The smaller, round basket is one I designed as a beginner basket pattern I taught some friends.



My favorite muffin is my mother's recipe for Brown Sugar Muffins.  She always made them as we grew up and the smell of them baking still gives me warm childhood fuzzies!



This little quilt was one I designed for Tooele (Utah) County Quilter's Guild Challenge in 2004.  


It was a fun idea, crayons were wrapped up in a little package and those who wanted to participate choose one.




The rules that we could use the color of the crayon, and shades of it, and one neutral color such as white, cream, black to create a quilt of any kind.  I was still new to hand applique, so I wanted something to practice my skills.


The fabrics are from Sandy Gervais' Happy Hollow collection.


11 comments:

Lurline said...

Oh, well done - thanks for the recipe!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Needled Mom said...

Those are great baskets. You must be multi talented with quilting, cooking AND basketmaking!

Nedra said...

You do it all, from quilting to basket weaving to cooking!

Unknown said...

Love the baskets and quilt! What a great idea for a challenge. I'll try the recipe in the morning...sounds like a good one.

Ruthie said...

I used to make baskets also, but haven't done that for years. The quilt is wonderful and your applique looks great. Can't wait to try the muffin recipe.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Love your baskets and what a fun idea for a mystery quilt. The muffins sound yummy, I will try that recipe!

Denise :) said...

As always, your entries brighten my day! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us . . . yummy! :)

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

Hi Mel,
Gosh It's been a while since I was at your blog and I LOVE the look of it. It is so fresh and fun.
Beautiful basket.
Blessings,
Nancy

Linda Lee said...

Mel,
Your entire post is delightful! I love the baskets, the muffins and the quilt. Saturday morning will be my turn at the muffins!
Have a great day!
Linda

Stefeven1 said...

Hi Mel
I have tried your muffins recipe... they were delicious !! Thanks a lot !! And for the first time since I came back from Canada, they looked like real muffins :))

Thanks
Stéphanie from Nantes (France)

Fotf said...

Could you tell me what Soda is in your recipe please?