Follow Me!

Share this tutorial!

{tiny} Needle Case Tute

Relive The Past

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Nebraska Shop Hop {4 Shops}

Be Aware, Be Thankful
1. Safe bus ride for Michelle
2. iPod music
3. Safe drivers
* * * 
The first shop we hit on our Nebraska Shop Hop was Silver Thimble in Ogallala.  The ladies were very nice and we loved the precut fabrics!



How nice!!  Michelle's bag had green straps and mine had blue.  I LOVE this line from MoMo, Wonderland.


I am sooooo impressed with her skills!  I tried to get her into quilting when we lived in Utah for over a decade, but NO!  She had to 'discover' quilting 3 months before she moved away!


Now she's whipping up quilts, bags, runners - all with out me!  Guess I was a good teacher!




The second shop we drove to was The Quilt Rack in North Platte.  It was a large shop with lots and lots of precut fabrics - charm packs, jelly rolls, layer cakes, etc.  It was set up with lots of charm!  


They had everything from batiks, wool, flannel, Christmas and other holiday fabrics, a long arm quilting machine and even provided refreshments for shop hoppers!  The lady working (the owner I think) was as nice as could be - very helpful to us and the other shoppers. 




Sew Little Time in McCook was a small but nicely set up shop.  The ladies there were very welcoming and offered bottled water and cookies.  They had a free pattern for an insulated iron tote that was darling!!


Michelle and I were quick fans of the next quilt shop, simply from the drive into the charming town, Cambridge.  "I could live here!" I said.  A nice, quaint place. 


Then we found the adorable house that was the quilt shop.  A hand painted wooden sign announced that we had found Cottage Inspirations.


Not only could I live in Cambridge, but I could live in this house!  The rooms were packed with cozy projects, fabrics and accessories.

4 comments:

Pat said...

What FUN you had!!! And how nice of Michelle to make those tote bags. I enjoyed hearing about your shop-hop!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Yippee!! a super fun time. Love your tote bags and you really need them! I know I would have filled it up with pre-cuts and fat quarters. Can't wait to see what you brought home!

WoolenSails said...

That looks like fun and wonderful shops to explore.

Debbie

Nedra said...

What an adventure you've been having. And I can see why you would love to move into that quaint quilt shop. It does look cozy and inviting.