Follow Me!

Share this tutorial!

{tiny} Needle Case Tute

Relive The Past

Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 1 in Argentina

Be Aware, Be Thankful
1.  Fall weather
2.  My job
3.  Family
* * * *

rooftops

Pictures from my parent’s balcony.  They live in an apartment in Tigre (an area of Buenos Aires)

frontapt

Outside of my parent’s apartment.  I know it’s a bit cheesey, but we’d just got off a thirteen hour airplane ride so everything was a ‘good idea’!!  ;)

office

We visited the office where my parents have been working while on their mission.  My dad takes care of the financial dealings with the missionaries.  My mother keeps track of records and supplies.

Well that’s just part of the first day in Argentina.  So much more to report!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

it's amazing that your parents are doing missionary work in Argentina! that kind of thing so impresses me. i always wonder how people have the guts to go into an unknown place and start helping people... unless they are from there. i'm not up to snuff on the background here... i looks like you had a wonderful time!

Needled Mom said...

Have a fabulous trip!!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh day one looks like it started with a ton of fun. Is that your sister with you?
I love the view from your parent’s balcony.
They look like wonderful people!

Kristi said...

How lucky to be able to visit your parents! My husband commented when he looked over my shoulder, "That would be a great mission." But I know he'd be out there tracting!

Micki said...

Your trip is looking fantastic. Wonderful work your parents are doing and so inspiring!
Micki

Shari said...

Welcome home Mel! Am looking forward to hearing more about your trip. Your parents look great!

vivi said...

hi, mel!!
lovely pics :)
how was halloween?
big kisses

RG said...

Have the best time Mel..
I love seeing pics of your with your family!!

Anonymous said...

lovely place at tigre, you have to visit the river and the train station. I was there last week with my sister, and we love it. Congrats for the mission, argentinian people will be so thankfull, i wish i can help this country that i start to love it. I spend some days with my sister at apartments for rent in buenos aires and we hace so much fun.