Follow Me!

Share this tutorial!

{tiny} Needle Case Tute

Relive The Past

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

No. 2 of 3 DONE

I got my HUGE quilt top done using a lot of Glace by Moda. The pattern is Kathy's Simple Quilt.
I enlarged the borders from 6" to 9 1/2" so I could scallop them after the top is quilted. At this point it measures about 103" square. I'm probably going to have it quilted with an all over floral design.
This means I only have ONE more project to do for Charming Girls Quilt Club and I've met all my July goals!! The problem is the last project is making my Witchie Hats for Jane's Spooktacular Swap and my pattern is a bit time consuming.
I'm marathon sewing today to see how many I can get done. I work at the quilt shop tomorrow, and I have Friday I can sew hats before the deadline at midnight!
Wish me luck! (and sleep!)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
My mother-in-law was in Nebraska last week visiting her son's family. They live right near University of Nebraska-Lincoln which is home to the International Quilt Study Museum.
She brought me this *darling* wool owlie pin! The center is a covered button. Isn't it cute??
It's about 3"x3"
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Speaking of my mother-in-law, I know sounds like an intro to a bad joke - right?!
She and my sister were over here yesterday and we stripped the wall paper from the walls of one of my bedrooms. YUCK!! I'm glad I had help, but I was still surprised that we got it all done in one day!
OK, I'm off to sew!

21 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

I'd love to visit the museum. I've read articles about it. DARLING owl pin.

Deb Robertson Writes said...

You are a one-woman machine!! Cute top - such nice summery fabrics.

Trisha said...

Beautiful quilt!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh how beautiful!1 I love your owl!
I "the lady in charge" is giving you the weekend to finish your blocks, I want you to have fun, not have a breakdown!!!

dotti white said...

Mel....your quilt is absolutely beautiful! I am excited to get started with my quilt from this pattern! Have a wonderful rest of the week!

Lurline said...

Gorgeous quilt - love the border fabric and can't wait to see it scalloped!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Rebecca said...

You're quilt looks amazing!

Dandelion Quilts said...

I love the quilt top...darling! Super job. You can finish all your projects, I just know it. That owl pin is really cute.

Dawn said...

Good for you!! The quilt is beautiful and the pin is darling. Nice to get help now and again.

RG said...

Hey wooohoo Mel..
What a beautiful quilt this will be!!
I adore the Glace range... so gorgeous!
Quite a bit of work there.
Good luck with the 'witch-i-poo' hat and love that dear little owl brooch!
hugs
Robyn xx

CuteStuffInside said...

I love the quilt top and the owl pin too - so nice of your MIL to think of you. It's my blogiversary - I hope you'll enter my giveaway!

S.W.A.K.

onlymehere said...

It sounds like you have a great relationship with your MIL! Lucky you.

Sherri said...

What a gorgeous quilt...it doesn't look that big in the photo...but wow...it's a big quilt!

Micki said...

Beautiful quilt and congrats on your win!
Micki

Lorraine said...

what a great quilt, love the owl and glad you got rid of the yukky wallpaper..are you going to paint the room? or you could hang one of your nice quilts on the wall perhaps

Cheryl said...

Love your quilt...and good luck on those witchie hats! I know you'll get them done.

Hillary said...

So cute Mel! Love the quilts! And yes, much good luck is being sent to you! Can't wait to see your Spooktacular Blocks!

Poppy Cottage said...

Your quilt looks amazing ~ great job! Love the fabric choices. And what a cute little Owl!

Keep quilting!
Sharon

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love that owl. Nice quilt too.

Jenny said...

Beautiful and is the Glace quilt a pattern? Also don't forget to send me the witchie hat pattern, as soon as possible. Thanks SO SO much, Jenny

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

LOVE YOUR QUILT! The Glace fabric is perfect for that pattern. You did a great job!