Follow Me!

Share this tutorial!

{tiny} Needle Case Tute

Relive The Past

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Charming Girl's Quilt Club - July

I joined this fun group hoping to get some motivation to get more of my unfinished projects done! There are even prizes, so that should get me inspired!
Participants post an unfinished project(s) per month and for every finish, you get your name put into the monthly giveaway. Sounds like a good incentive to me!
There are other optional activities in the group like swaps and quilt alongs. I'm excited, go take a look and see if it interests you!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Here are the projects I want, no WILL finish this month:
  1. Kathy's Simple Quilt (Sew Sweet original design) out of Glace by 3 Sisters for Moda. It will be 95" X 97". This is all I have done so far. Each block is 10".
  2. Witchie Hats (my own design) for Jane's Spooktackular Halloween Swap. I'm making fifteen 12 1/2" paper pieced blocks - 12 for swapping and three for individual swaps.
    DARN!!
    I will have to carry this project over to August's 'To Do' list!
  3. I would also like to get one of my quilt tops quilted, particularly my nephew Colin's.
I better leave it at that and not put too much more on my plate!
Best of luck to all who are tackeling unfinished items this month!
* * * * * * *
July REPORT: Well, 2 out of 3 isn't bad!

11 comments:

Sherri said...

Mel...I love both of your projects! And they are your own design too---love them both!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

You know, I think it is good to have a plan, and I think you will able to do it!1 Love your Halloween block!!!

Tracey said...

Love the idea of this club, i do have many things unfinished, Wow love the hat too, not long now till Halloween now,

Carrie P. said...

What a great idea to get some things done.
I love that Halloween block. You are so smart.

Lori said...

I love your plan!!! :-)

dotti white said...

Mel...I love your quilt with the Glace. I bought quite a bit of it at the shop hop so I love to see different ways that people have made them up. I received the very sweet schoolhouse block...thank you so much! Please check out my blog as I posted about it on there and check out some of our shop hop adventures! Different than Utah, I know, but we had a lot of fun going together!

Sandy in Buenos Aires said...

WOW, Mel!!!
I absolutely LOVE that Halloween block!! And it's your very own design, too!! Congratulations, you're really blessed!!
I'd really love to be your 4th private Swappie!
Hugs,
Sandy-

Abby and Stephanie said...

CUTE...LOVE your witches hat. Can't wait to see all of these blocks come together.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Ooohhh! Your quilt is going to be gorgeous! I love the Glace fabric. And, you're swap block is A-DOR-ABLE! Can't wait to see the finished projects, and I'm so glad you're joining us in the fun!

Shakerwood said...

I'm glad someone else may be biting off more than they can chew! I have 2 projects and one I haven't even picked the fabric out yet! But at least it is an easy quilt. I have to get somethings finished (so I go and pick out a project that isn't even started yet....what was I thinking) I love the witches hat.

CJ said...

Love that Glace quilt! Your witches hat creation is cute. Have fun getting them both done!