Follow Me!

Share this tutorial!

{tiny} Needle Case Tute

Relive The Past

Saturday, July 18, 2009

YAY! A Finish!

This is the quilt I made during Pat Sloan's online Orange Project Challenge at the beginning of this year.
I've had the binding and backing (a nice soft yellow chenille) ever since I got the top done, but haven't got it quilted until now.
One trick to get it done was to put it on my 'to-do' list for the Charming Girls Quilt Club, the other trick was finding time at the quilt shop when the long arm wasn't being used!
I quilted free-hand in a very 'wonky' manner since the piecing is also haphazard.
I love the look of quilts after they've had a spin in the wash.
If you like the blocks, follow my Wonky OP tutorial!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Bright and colorful, and finished! Yay! Love it!

Trisha said...

Cute quilt! Bet it feels good to have it finished.

Lori said...

Dear Aunt Mel, Thank you so much for making me a fun quilt. I can't wait to snuggle with it, play on it and spit up on it! You're a great Auntie!
Love,
Collin

Allie said...

This is AWESOME. I have to check out your tutorial! Congrats on the finish, too!

Shari said...

I just love this! You have one very lucky nephew! Hope he loves it!
Hugs - Shari

Lurline said...

Added to Tutorials Folder, thanks, Mel!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Abby and Stephanie said...

Congratulations on your finish! That's how I'm spending my weekend. Love the chenille on the back. Never used it or minky...is it tricky to work with?

Carrie P. said...

Looks great! I still need to put my OP blocks together.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh your orange quilt, I just love it!! and yes, especially after it just comes out of the wash!!

Hillary said...

So cute Mel! I love a finish! It just makes the day better!

Sherri said...

Congrats...and the quilting is awesome!

Dawn said...

I just got back into town & catching up on my fav blogs!! Your quilt is fantastic!! And thanks for the free quilt patterns on later posts!! You are awesome!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

LOVE IT! The wonky blocks are so fun, and the free-hand quilting sets it off perfectly! Way to sew!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Very cheerful..good job!