Follow Me!

Share this tutorial!

{tiny} Needle Case Tute

Relive The Past

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pay It Forward Projects

Be Aware, Be Thankful
1. I traveled safely to Utah and back
2. I got to play cards with Lissa!
3. I got to play with some nephews
4. I got to visit with sis and in-law girls

* * *

Whew!!  I finally got all my PIFs done and sent out!  And now I can show YOU what I made!

First, this is the amazing mini quilt that Christine made for me.  SOOOOO beautiful, so well done!  Hand appliqué and hand quilted!

pif

And this is what I made!

one

All three PIFs were slightly different due to print/color placement, but done in the same design.  I am pleased with how each one turned out and am glad to have gotten positive feedback from all three who received them. 

This is a great stash busting project.  EVERY piece I used was a pleasant reminder of previous projects and gifts I had made.

handwork

The center is made up of 5” squares.  The floral appliqué is a portion of a design I saw in a magazine (forgot which one, but I’ve seen it around quite a bit in blog land) The finished quilt measured 30something inches square.

The borders were kind of a make-up-as-you-go.  Measure, sew, trim, etc.

patsPIF(Backing)

I decided to hand quilt each one which is why it took longer than expected.  I enjoyed every second I spent working on these minis!

pifextrasI threw in some extra goodies too!

5 comments:

Karen said...

You both received a very good PIF and made very good PIF's to send on. And using stash for your projects makes it even better. Very prim looking and just my style.

Anonymous said...

Wow they are beautiful PIF and I hope they are well received, glad you are enjoying yours.

Take care
Christine

Pat said...

I am one of the recipients of a PIF package from you and I just LOVE that quilt you made!!! Your hand-quilting is excellent and the fabrics all fit so nicely with my decor!!! I am thrilled with it as I told you when I received it! AND...I am thrilled to notice on your list today that you played cards with Lissa...how wonderful that she is coming along so well now!

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful PIFs coming and going!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I was lucky to also receive a quilt from Christine, her work is beautiful, and your PIF'S are wonderful too!! Lucky girls!!