Follow Me!

Share this tutorial!

{tiny} Needle Case Tute

Relive The Past

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Few Findings

Bunny Hill Designs is offering a FREE Block of the Month called A Tisket, A Tasket, 12 Month's of Baskets. The name didn't excite me until I saw the first block which is D*A*R*L*I*N*G !! It's a snowman inside a basket with a couple of stars! Way to cute to pass up, I probably won't get around to doing it any time soon, but I WILL save the blocks as she reveils them! There are lots of other free patterns on the site; heart ornaments, teddy bears, baby blankets, wall hanging etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * I found a blog that got me excited to 'liberate' my quilting a bit this year! (Don't worry, there won't be any bra burining here!) Tall Grass Prairie Studio has lots of modern quilting ideas. I find that I am drawn more and more to that style, since I've been doing the timeless traditional type of quilts for about over 15 years now. I still like the classics and will continue to make them, but I would like to try some new techniques to liven up the rotary cutter! The author, Jacquie, is hosting a block collection for charity called Project Improv . Quilters make ONE 12 1/2" log cabin type block and send it in. There is no time limit. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Have you guys heard of the blog Cake Wrecks ?! It's a riot! It's a blog about professionally made cakes that go wrong. I ran into it the other night and it was 3:00am before I could tear myself away! Readers of the blog find and send in pictures of the most hideous cakes your ever seen - you won't believe some of them! There is also an area where gorgeous cakes are featured, really these ones are amazing!

8 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Lots of good eye candy...I TOO love tallgrass praire!!

Anonymous said...

i joined this project too...good luck, can't wait to see what you make!

Candace said...

Isn't Anne just so generous! I started a little notebook for that quilt! And thanks for more great sites - I've been watching Tallgrass Prairie for a while and she really has a flair! Gotta check out the cakes....too funny!
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

You have been so busy,
Keep eye on my blog in next few months im nearly up to my 1ooth post,

I have tagged you,
Take care

Here are the rules to play the game:

1. When you are tagged you are asked to list eight random facts about yourself and post them on your blog for visitors to enjoy.This is gonna be fun!
2. Tag eight of your blogging friends and leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to join in the fun if they have the opportunity. (If not, that's okay. They can still enjoy the random facts everyone shares:) Be sure to list a link to your eight friends in your posting.

Carrie P. said...

Thanks for all the links. I will check them out. I am doing the basket BOM. Too cute like you said.

Anonymous said...

I loved the first block and am trying to figure out whether I can do it in wools, or want to hand or machine applique, or, or, or. LOL!

Sheri Howard said...

Oh my heck, isn't that BOM from Bunny Hill going to be soooo fun? I love that little snowman, he looked so happy to have a star! I have been so busy, but I am trying to respond to everyone who came to my blog for my give away. Thanks for telling us a little about yourself. It seems so strange that you can get to know someone through the internet...but isn't it fun? Happy Sewing!

Purple and Paisley said...

oh my goodness! thank you for the link...some of those are hilarious!