Follow Me!

Share this tutorial!

{tiny} Needle Case Tute

Relive The Past

Monday, January 5, 2009

Fun Swaps and Stuff

You know I love a swap! Now that Christmas and New Year's is over, I don't have anything to stress about (ha-ha!) - so I went in search of some swaps! Creative Kismet is having a BIRD exchange! I'm excited about this since I just designed my own bird ornament to top Christmas gifts this year! Participants make 5 birds, send them to Regina then wait for her to send you back 5 different birds from other YOU can still join until January 9th! * * * * * * * * * * Valentine's hasn't been a favorite holiday of mine, probably since I feel that love is forced or expected. I'm trying to change my attitude and I think a fun ValDay exchange might do the trick! This swap found at Bunch of Scrap's blog is a great one since you are assigned just one person to give three things to, home-made or not. I can do this, and I might feel some love while I'm at it! Sign up until Jan 9th.

* * * * * * * * * *

So where did I find all of these fun swaps? On the Swap Dex blog. There's tons of swaps that look like fun, but I can only do so much!

* * * * * * * * * * For the resolutionaly challenged like me, Tip Junkie is hosting a "Word for the Year 2009" giveaway. It's a great concept, you choose ONE word to live by during 2009. ONE word that sums up what you want out of 2009. ONE. I'm going to have to think on this a bit, but wanted to let you all know about it. ZEAL * SIMPLE * BREATHE * TRY * CREATE

6 comments:

Sherri said...

I was going to ask you if you designed the little bird ornament...it is sooo cute! Of course I'm going to keep it out all year...but I want to make about a zillion for next Christmas!

Jenna Z said...

Hey, thanks for the link! So glad you are getting some good use out of the SwapDex!

Candace said...

Mel - you find the most fun links! Thanks again for all of my goodies - I love them all!
Cheers!

Tessa said...

I love that you are choosing a word as a theme for the year - what a great idea! I just read Eat Pray Love, and they were talking about assigning a word as a sort of theme for a place or a person, so I have been thinking about what my word would be a lot too. I was thinking ART...is that too simple/obvious? Maybe COLOR...

Keep us posted on which one you pick!!

Small House said...

WOW, I love your blog. Thanks for all the tips. WAY FUN.
Have a good day.
Sandra

Kritta22 said...

Wow! You are a busy lady!!