Follow Me!

Share this tutorial!

{tiny} Needle Case Tute

Relive The Past

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Calendar Quilt and Friend's Stuff

Yeah!! I FINALLY got to work on my Calendar Quilt Challenge! I have a box (and a basket) of just strips of all sizes. As I was going through them, I decided to use anything that would fit into an "Americana" theme. This picture is what I have so far, 34 strips which puts me right up to the date! At this point it measures 50"X37 1/2" I have a feeling this is going to be one heckuva' quilt! * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tracey is about to hit 100 posts on her blog, hence a giveaway! She's got two prizes to choose from, a set of fat quarters or a cross-stitch kit. Congratulations Tracey! * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * For you lucky Aussie gals, Lurline is hostessing a Happy House Swap. For us quilters in the US, and elsewhere, we can use Lurline's tutorial to create some happy houses of our own! Lurline did let me know that there are a couple of U.S. ladies that might take on a Happy House Swap here in the states, I'll let you know if that happens, because I'll be one of the firsts to sign up!!

4 comments:

Shari said...

Your calendar quilt will have to be one quilt a month at that rate! I like the Americana theme.
Cheers!

Louann said...

Your strips look great. It's gonna be a nice quilt.

Carrie P. said...

Your calendar quilt is looking good.

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Love the idea of a calendar quilt. I have strips..but can't imagine having a years worth of them in a quilt. Will anticipate the finished one.